Piperacillin/Tazobactam Kabi is indicated for the treatment of the following infections in adults and children over 2 years of age and above:
Adults and adolescents
Severe pneumonia including hospital-acquired and ventilator-associated pneumonia
- Complicated urinary tract infections (including pyelonephritis)
- Complicated intra-abdominal infections
- Complicated skin and soft tissue infections (including diabetic foot infections)
- Treatment of patients with bacteraemia that occurs in association with, or is suspected to be associated with, any of the infection listed above.
Pipereracillin/Tazobactam Kabi may be used in the management of neutropenic patients with fever suspected to be due to a bacterial infection.
Children 2 to 12 years of age
- Complicated intro-abdominal infections
Piperacillin/Tazobactam Kabi may be used in the management of neutropenic children with fever suspected to be due to a bacterial infection.
Consideration should be given to official guidance on the appropriate use of antibacterial agents.