Cefepime Kabi is indicated in the treatment of the infections listed below when caused by susceptible bacteria.
- Lower respiratory tract infections, including pneumonia and bronchitis.
- Urinary tract infections, both complicated, including pyelonephritis, and uncomplicated infections.
- Skin and skin structure infections.
- Intra-abdominal infections, including peritonitis and biliary tract infections.
- Gynaecological infections.
- Empiric treatment in febrile neutropenic patients
Cefepime Kabi is also indicated for surgical prophylaxis in patients undergoing intraabdominal surgery. In this indication it is essential that metronidazole also be administered.